I hope you are all done shaking off the after-effects of a long weekend (blessing or curse) and have successfully lied to your co-workers about how you really chose to spend MDW (“No, I did not drink 4Loko- isn’t that stuff illegal, anyway?”). I myself am still sore because I did 4 whole push-ups (not 4 sets of push-ups, just 4) over the course of Sunday as a dare. I may be in a sling come Thursday.
Your regularly scheduled program this week is:
EWH3# 773: The “One Dollar Make You Holler” Trail! 6:45 PM Thursday May 30, 2013- Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan Metro(Red Line)
This week, our trail is in honor of what certain individuals (looking at you, ladies- this ain’t no Magic Mike) are willing do for a dollar. A dollar may not seem that important to you Powerball winners out there, but starting next week we’ll all be needing that extra dollar to hash (yes, this is the last hash before the price goes up to $6.00). Remember when you could get drunk on warm light beer in college for only one or two of those George Washington’s and then cure your hangover ordering off the fast food dollar menu? Ahh the good old days. So come dressed and prepared to demonstrate in front of everyone how you’re planning to earn those extra singles to keep paying for your hashing habit!
When: 6:45 PM Thursday May 30, 2013. Pack away at 715ish.
Where: Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan Metro(Red Line); Follow marks to start.
Hares: Sum of all Queers, Asia Minor, Daddy’s Gonna Be Awhile, Dickileaks, Assawomanbay, Just Pat C., and possible Mystery hare.
Miscellaneous Crap: A to B (longish) trail ending at Dupont Circle, so plan accordingly. Some decent shiggy, so not stroller friendly, but running dog friendly. Bring the stuff you need for heat/cold/rain/shine/light/dark/drunk/sober but make sure you PACK LIGHT (duh).
Weather: H92; L73; 0% chance of rain, wind SSW at 7mph.
On On On: The Mighty Pint
1831 M Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20036
Specials: Food Specials TBD. Drink Specials: If you order a rail drink or draft beer the bartender flips a coin. You win, the drink is free.
(1) Starting on June 6, the hash will be $6. You can still pay with cash, but if having to lug around that extra dollar bill is annoying to you, feel free to pay with debit/credit card. Yup, we’re getting tech savvy!
(2) Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Trails need hare-ing! March and April filled up quick, so start looking towards May- don’t delay, check the hareline and then email me to reserve a date. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(3) The Brew Crew Party will be held Saturday, June 8 @ 3 PM, @ Humpty Humpty Homo’s House. Everyone is welcum to join the always lovely 2013 Brew Crew for another one of our fabulous parties. This time it won’t be 45 degrees outside! Bring all your friends!
(4) Mark your calendars for the EWH3 PUB CRAWL on July 13. The route has yet to be determined, but we know what the outcome will be (fun and drunk). Speak to Miss Me Gag Me regarding getting your name on the T-Shirt!
(5) The WH4 Camping Trip is July 26-28! Do NOT miss this amazing weekend in Bentonville, VA! Register at WH4’s website!
(6) Thirsty after work Friday? Check out the most-always metro friendly Beltway Bob Hash Happy Hour http://www.dchashing.org/community/beltwaybob/ Tell them you’re from EWH3 and then drink everyone under the table.
(7) If you have NEVER hared before and want to jump on to some already established trails, shoot me an email and I will hook you up!
Is it Intern Season yet?