A Silence in Song
There is a silence to be heard amongst the singing. He heard it, and though his lips moved as he joined with their voices, his mind split- one part to the lyrics that he had known for some time, the other to the silence which sat lightly in his throat, as if ready to spring. As such, so was he. Though he knew it was still some time for the revelry to finish, in the silence he envisioned the Running.
As the fire and the people danced, he looked to his companions and saw the same- touched by the orange glow, their lips formed a song amongst the silence. He saw it in their eyes that looked beyond the celebration towards the night that swallowed the trail that lay ahead- a trail now unknown, mysterious and full of possibility.
There is a silence to be heard amongst singing; a silence to be held before the Run.
Your regularly scheduled program this week is:
EWH3# 830: The Beware the Ides of May- Hashzilla Returns Trail! 6:45 PM Thursday, May 15, 2014 – Van Ness-UDC Metro (Red Line)
Hashzilla, a gigantic fire-breathing prehistoric monster wakened from his coma at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean by nuclear testing in 1954, returns to wreak destruction and chaos across prestigious upper Northwest Washington. Now a pack of wankers must fight for their beer and the rest of humanity against an indestructible foe that might be nature’s revenge against Thursday night debauchery. Yes we know some of you will cut out right after circle to catch the opening night of Godzilla — Godspeed. Time to break out your monster costume and strut your stuff at the hash.
When: 6:45 PM Thursday May 15, 2014. Pack away at 7:15!
Where: Van Ness-UDC Metro (Red Line). Follow marks to the start!
Hares: MissMeGagMe, PutItOut, VirginQueen, JustCarl, and some mystery walker hare!
Miscellaneous Crap: Trail is live over the river and thru the woods trail to Tenleytown.
-Shiggy rating: 5 of 10
-PI rating: 3 of 10
-Fun rating: 11 of 10.
It should be a nice night so pack light so we don’t kill Plan B! Be smart, have fun. YEAH!
Last trains out of the Tenlytown Metro:
Weather: H82; L60; Winds SSE at 10mph. Chance of rain 30%, scattered T-storms.
On On On
4515 Wisconsin Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20016
Specials: We have the upstairs and they are keeping the kitchen open late!
(1) The WH4 Camp Out will be July 25–27 in Rileyville, VA! For those of you not making the trek across the pond to Brussels, come join EWH3’s mother hash during their annual camp out. Rego includes multiple trails, all the beer you can drink, food, and TUBING! For more info, visit the WH4 website or Rego here!
(2) The 2014 DC Red Dress Run is open for registration and you can register here! This event does sell out, so register now!
(3) The Pudjam Party (party for all the DC-area hashes) is on June 21st, 2014 @ 8PM! $20 for just the party and all proceeds will go to the Gary Sinise Foundation. There will also be seven trails throughout the weekend that will be centrally located around the party. Cost per trail is set by the kennel or you can buy the hash addict deal (party & all the trails) for $47! Party location is Dude, That Guy’s house at 12417 Arrow Park Ct., Fort Washington, MD 20744. Rego here!
(4)Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Trails need hare-ing! You wankers need to start looking into the summer, so check the hareline and then email me to reserve a date. ([email protected])
(5) Thirsty after work Friday? Check out the most-always metro friendly Beltway Bob Hash Happy Hour http://www.dchashing.org/community/beltwaybob/ Tell them you’re from EWH3 and then drink everyone under the table.
(6) If you have NEVER hared before and want to jump on to some already established trails, shoot me an email and I will hook you up!
And the wankers shall Run!