A New Mistake
He came into the clearing and stopped underneath a clear night sky. The tall grass stood still and pale in moonlight and as his breath slowed, the night’s sounds began to creep into the silence. His ears tickled with the movement and callings of unknown insects, noise he often hoped for, but not tonight, not when he was trying to find mark. Right now he hoped for voices where there were none. He was alone.
He could kick himself for having left behind a group of his companions; for having believed he recognized the wood; for having a moment of inspiration that only revealed itself to be folly when it was already too late (as such is often the case). Yet no matter- he was here now, and had to find mark, had to find trail.
He picked a direction across from where he came, hoping to head back towards his companions. He settled into a run and despite the worry, marveled at his senses attuning to the darkness. Darting in between trees, he began to lose concern and push his pace. He would find his companions- all would be well, so long as he kept running.
He clipped something in the dark, he knew not what, and suddenly connected with the ground. A flash of bright pain illuminated his shoulder as he lay on his side.
“What the hell?” he heard a voice cry out. “Who’s there?”
He said nothing, the wind still caught in his stomach, still stunned with the quick violence that broke his run. A torch illuminated a pixie face amongst the trees. She grinned.
“Thought you knew where you were going, didn’t you?” she asked. He held up his hand in response.
“Don’t worry,” she continued. “I’m on mark. Follow me.”
She set off in a run as if no collision had happened. After checking to make sure his legs worked, he slowly began to follow.
Your regularly scheduled program this week is:
EWH3# 831: The Tutu (2-2) Trail! 6:45 PM Thursday, May 22, 2014 – Dupont Circle Metro (Red Line)
Your hares this week are not a group who have ever needed an excuse to wear tutus, but on May 22 (tutu – get it?), it is pretty much a certainty! Glitty Clitty Gang Bang keeps calling it Tutu Christmas. Slap on your favorite tutu (or beg, borrow, or buy one from Amazon Prime) and come join in the hashing tutu fun! #TutuTastic
When: 6:45 PM Thursday May 22, 2014. Pack away at 7:15!
Where: Dupont Circle Metro (Red Line). Follow marks to the start (in the middle of the circle)!
Hares: Glitty Clitty Gang Bang, S&Mom, Jew With The Dragon Tattoo, Mr. hEd, You Sucked My Battle Dick, Cocktologist,and Coxxx On Demand
Miscellaneous Crap: Trail is A to B, ending near Cleveland Park / Woodley Park. It should be a nice night so pack light so we don’t kill Plan B! Be smart, have fun. YEAH!
Last trains out of the Cleveland Park Metro:
Weather: H82; L57; Winds NW at 10mph. Chance of rain 30%, scattered T-storms.
On On On
3427 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008
Specials: TBD, but you can bring in outside food!
(1) H4 Full Moon Party Bus 2.0 on July 11th! Here we go again! After the July Full Moon trail, get on the bus for a wild ride to & from three clubs/bars. Each party bus will include music, lights, stripper poles, and wankers are allowed to bring their own “beverages” in resealable plastic containers for the bus. Don’t forget your ID! We are also allowed to leave bags on the bus, but you do so at your own risk. Price includes Full Moon trail, party bus, and hot food (provided by the bar at On-In after trail). Full details & rego here! –https://store.hashspace.com/product.php?productid=17011
(2) The WH4 Camp Out will be July 25–27 in Rileyville, VA! For those of you not making the trek across the pond to Brussels, come join EWH3’s mother hash during their annual camp out. Rego includes multiple trails, all the beer you can drink, food, and TUBING! For more info, visit the WH4 website or Rego here!
(3) The 2014 DC Red Dress Run is open for registration and you can register here! This event does sell out, so register now!
(4) The Pudjam Party (party for all the DC-area hashes) is on June 21st, 2014 @ 8PM! $20 for just the party and all proceeds will go to the Gary Sinise Foundation. There will also be seven trails throughout the weekend that will be centrally located around the party. Cost per trail is set by the kennel or you can buy the hash addict deal (party & all the trails) for $47! Party location is Dude, That Guy’s house at 12417 Arrow Park Ct., Fort Washington, MD 20744. Rego here!
(5)Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Trails need hare-ing! You wankers need to start looking into the summer, so check the hareline and then email me to reserve a date. ([email protected])
(6) Thirsty after work Friday? Check out the most-always metro friendly Beltway Bob Hash Happy Hour http://www.dchashing.org/community/beltwaybob/ Tell them you’re from EWH3 and then drink everyone under the table.
(7) If you have NEVER hared before and want to jump on to some already established trails, shoot me an email and I will hook you up!
And the wankers shall Run!