You thought your liver didn’t have to deal with it anymore, but Twinkle Juice is back from the dead and it has its eyes set on YOU this week. Come out to support your favorite Halloweenie and crew for this year’s only costumed trail. Oh wait….
And as you make your way to Rhode Island Metro, please remember that while the hash is meant to first and foremost be fun, it is probably impossible to cater to everyone’s full version of fun each week, given our numbers and diversity.
So, that joke you think may be funny may be offensive to someone else, and vice versa.
That trail may be too short for you, but too long for someone else, and vice versa.
That hasher may irk you, but not irk someone else, and vice versa.
We all have the right to have fun, and we all are adult enough to know that if we don’t like something or someone, we can easily avoid it or him/her. Take care of yourselves out there, and respect (or respectfully avoid) each other.
Please note: Come to the MisManagement Happy Hour on Tuesday, November 4th! Take our jobs, please! Jk lol, MM is a totally rewarding experience. You should do it!
Please note: Your songmeister is either traveling, or has no music left in his soul. You be the judge. Either way, no song this week (waahhhhhh)!
Your regularly scheduled program this week is:
EWH3# 855: Twinkle and Friends’ Halloween Hash Bash – 6:45 PM Thursday, October 30 – Rhode Island Avenue (Red Line)
Come out to a spoooooky scary Halloween hash! There may be tricks (Will Sphincter Shy wear a thong?) There may be treats (Does it rhyme with Schminkle Schuice?), but more importantly we’ll hash in some fresh territory. Put on your funniest, sluttiest, or (let’s be honest) most half-assed costume and come out for a party!
Important note: the hares think running is important – so trail clocks in at 5.5 miles. More important note: the hares think drinking is important, so there will be an extra beer check along the way in order to facilitate this longer trail.
When: 6:45 PM Thursday October 30th, 2014. Pack away at 7:15!
Where: Rhode Island Avenue Metro (Red Line)- follow marks to start!
Hares: Twinkle Twinkle Little Cock, Red Vag of Courage, Sphincter Shy, Magic Johnson and Shamrock your Cock
Miscellaneous Crap: Trail is a live, fun and spooky A to Z run through DC. Bring a headlamp. Trail is dog friendly. It should be a nice night so pack light and bring a mug! Be smart, have fun.
Last trains out of the Union Station Metro:
Weather: H60; L43; 0% Chance of rain; Winds NNW at 9mph
On On On: Driftwood Kitchen, a brand new bar at 400 H St. NE (formerly True Orleans)
Specials: $3 can beers (Fat Tire, PBR, etc), $5 wine, and IF YOU’RE IN COSTUME, $5 “rail” drinks – except their rail is midlevel, e.g. Tanqueray, Smirnoff, etc. The kitchen is open until 11:00 and has half-off charcuterie.
(1) COME SIGN UP FOR MISMANAGEMENT!:
If you’re feeling particularly awesome and would love to give back to EWH3 in a big way, then come out for our MisManagement Interest Happy Hour from 7-9PM at Lucky Bar on Tuesday November 4th!
Have some beer on us (the tab is on EWH3) and pick the brains (or what’s left of them) of this year’s current MisManagement.
Want to know what you’re getting yourself into? Check out this spreadsheet that details roles and responsibilities: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DYi2YwQwaUS-TGHi-5aQ3IHbqxKac3MraBdlOApsl0s/edit?usp=sharing
(2) Something new this way comes- SAVE THE DATE for The EWH3 Scavenger Hunt will be 11/22. Stay tuned for more details.
(3) Like running through shiggy? Well, time to help shiggy be shiggy! H4 also putting on a trail work day on Saturday, November 15th before H4 prelube from 9AM to 3PM (but just come whenever it fits in with your busy hashing schedule)
Location:13600 King Charles Terrace, Ft Washington, MD 20744
Please come out and help! We will be having a party afterwards that night and trail will run through the area we helped clean up the next morning! More info on that soon!
Please visit www.tinyurl.com/spgcnov15 to RSVP (nerd names only please haha) and check out the flyer.
|Hash: Sunday 10:00 AM (November 16th, 2014)|
|A to B|
|Pack away – 10:00AM|
|Bag vehicle provided|
|Fort Washington Forest Community Center|
|1300 Fillmore Rd, Fort Washington, MD 20744|
(4) Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Trails need hare-ing, so check the hareline and then email me to reserve a date. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(5) If you have NEVER hared before and want to jump on to some already established trails, shoot me an email and I will hook you up!
(6) Thirsty after work Friday? Check out the most-always metro friendly Beltway Bob Hash Happy Hour http://www.dchashing.org/community/beltwaybob/ Tell them you’re from EWH3 and then drink everyone under the table.