New Year’s Eve is the worst, but luckily, this year you KNOW you get to hash with yo’ fav peeps the afternoon after that special, special night of high expectations brought crashing down amidst mediocre, over-priced bar specials, exuberant cab and Uber rates, drunk strangers stepping on your nice shoes, passing out before getting that midnight kiss, or ringing in the new year with some regret. Ah, I kid- I’m sure everyone will have a blast!
Time to take a break from the Breaking Bad Marathon (yeah Winter Break!) to think about how you’re going to kick that hangover with a trail on New Year’s Day!
Also, don’t forget to mark your calendars to Save The Date for EWH3’s AGM:
Saturday, January 17th
Theme is Hippies vs Hipsters!
There will be beer and wine, and probably food!
Rego online or at the door, keep an eye out for that announcement!
Your scheduled program for this week:
EWH3# 864: National Hangover Day: The Ultimate Hangover Challenge!– 12:45 PM Thursday, January 1st– Francis Scott Key Park (Blue/Orange Line – Rosslyn or Foggy Bottom)
Come nurse your New Year’s Eve hangover with a run with EWH3 and the Hangover Hash House harriers. Is a combined trail with the H4 so you’ll get to meet come people you may not hash with on a regular basis. It’s also a federal holiday so that means EWH3 will be hashing earlier in the day so plan your hangover accordingly. Trail will be booze filled and a bit long than a normal evening trail since it will be light out.
Lunch/Brunch is available to fuel up before the run:
Clyde’s of Georgetown
3236 M St NW
Washington, DC 20007
Eating? We have a reservation for tables of six (easier to split the bill!)
Drinking? They have a bar!
If you have nothing to do on New Year’s eve, check out the pre-lube for the trail:
|WEDNESDAY 8:00PM – December 31st, 2014|
|2nd Anal Casino Royale Party!!!|
|Poker, Craps, Roulette, Black Jack, and Deal or No Deal.|
When: 12:45 PM Thursday January 1, 2015. Pack away at 1:00ish!
Where: Francis Scott Key Park in Georgetown (M St and 34th) Closest Metros areRosslyn and Foggy Bottom.
Hares: St. Pauli’s Girl, Friends Don’t Let Friends Fuck Fat Chicks, PutItOut, Sorest Rump, Dr. TooLittle, Mr. E Hares
Miscellaneous Crap: Trail is A to A’. Note the afternoon starting time since it’s a federal holiday and that’s what EWH3 does on federal holidays.
Weather: 40ish with 10 mph wind; No rain
On On On: Pinstripes
1064 Wisconsin Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20007
Specials: Bowling and Bocce (call to reserve a lane), $4 drafts and wine, discounted apps
(1) SAVE THE DATE: EWH3 AGM is January 17. Details will be announced!
(2) Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Give back to the hash! Trails need hare-ing, so check the hareline and then email me to reserve a date. ([email protected])
(3) Our friends at WH4 have a weekend packed with fun:
White House invites you out to gaze at our navels and smack our lips against yours. Full Moon coincides with our 1600th trail AND AGM. One of Mistresses of Party, Miss ShamRock Your Cock shares the deets:
Friday, January 9
What: White House hosts DCFMH3
Theme: “Party Like It’s 1599” – come as your favorite Shakespearean character.
- Start at Somers Grill and Sports Bar for Happy Hour with Beltway Bob. One block from Courthouse Metro (Orange and Silver) on the corner of Courthouse Road and Wilson Blvd.
- Sign in at 6:30 pm, Hares away at 7:00 pm
- On After at the VFW, 2116 19th St. N, Arlington, VA
If you are skipping trail do not arrive at the VFW until after 9:00 pm.
Saturday, January 10 (trail)
What: WH4’s 1600thTrail
Theme: “The World’s Most Famous A-Dress” – wear a dress! (red white and blue encouraged)
- Ballbuster& Regular trail options available
- Start at the White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC
- Sign in Ballbuster at 2:00 pm
- Runners and Walkers at 3:00 pm
Saturday, January 10
What: WH4 AGM Party!
Theme: Come celebrate another debauched year of hashing fun with us. Dress to impress… unless you forgot it on trail!
- Location Café Asia, 1550 Wilson Boulevard #100, Arlington, VA
- Sign in at 7:00 pm
Sunday, January 11
What: Fatboy Recovery Trail
- Start TBA
- Sign in at 11 AM
- Followed by optional brunch at Four Courts, 2051 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA
Sunday, January 11
What: Incumming Mismanagement Trail
- Start TBA
- Sign in at 3:00 pm
- How much? $60 for the weekend package or purchase separately:
o $15 for Full Moon only,
o $45 for 1600th trail/AGM only,
o $6 for Fatboy Recovery Trail only **,
o $6 for Incumming Mismanagement Trail only.
- What do you get? For $60 the package deal gets you four awesome trails, beer, two parties, beer, DJs, food, beer, Sunday morning mimosas, and great company. Plus, first 100 registrants get a kick-ass giveaway! **Optional Sunday brunch is not included
- Full-Moon only price will get you Friday’s trail and access to the on-after at the VFW with heavy appetizers, beer, and a DJ keeping us dancing all night long!
- 1600th trail/AGM-only price gets you Saturday’s 1600th trail and the AGM party – including trail beer, buffet, 4 drinks at the venue, and great company!
- Visit whitehousehash.comto sign up.
(4) If you have NEVER hared before and want to jump on to some already established trails, shoot me an email and I will hook you up!
(5) Thirsty after work Friday? Check out the most-always metro friendly Beltway Bob Hash Happy Hour http://www.dchashing.org/community/beltwaybob/ Tell them you’re from EWH3 and then drink everyone under the table.