During the pandemic, we’ve seen lots of… well, unusual behavior from each other. None of this year’s wacky lockdown weirdness is better than the reintroduction of the Sea Shanty! Except maybe cocktails on delivery. And for carryout. And beer on delivery. And relaxed open container laws. But the Shanties are up there! To commemorate, this will be THE SHANTIEST TRAIL EVER!!
Be prepared to sing out loud and proud in the far reaches of NE DC this Thursday as we run amok in our never-ending search for beer and new ways to embarrass ourselves.
You MUST sign up on HashRego to attend Thursday’s trail. A pack of 23 will gather for trail with a live, socially distant circle.
When: 6:45PM Thursday February 18, 2021. Pack away at 7:15 PM!
D’erections: Follow maks to start
Capital Bike Share: Minnesota Ave
Hares: Special Head Kid & Close Encounters of the Turd Kind
Miscellaneous Crap: Trail is an A to A’. Dress warm and bring a cranium lamp. It should be a nice day. Masks and vessels are REQUIRED! Be smart, have fun. Sign up on Hash Rego is Required!
Runners: 2.4 mi. first half / 2.6 second half
– Shiggy level 2, dog-friendly
Walkers: 1.3 mi. first half / 1.4 second half
– Shiggy level 2, dog-friendly
- If you want to help keep the literal wheels of the hash spinning, email the Brewmeister at firstname.lastname@example.org to earn the noble badge of Brew Crew! Open dates cumming up!
- Help your next Hare Razor by signing up for trails! Email email@example.com to secure a date!
- Virtual Trails are back! Cum find trail any time Friday-Sunday. Snap a photo or pull up your favorite hash memory and post it to the Google Photo album, then send $3 Hash Cash via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org to secure trail credit.
EWH3 Brew Crew!
Brew Crew will be available to serve you a limited amount of libations at both beer check and end. In order to ensure that this is done in a safe manner, we require the following:
- Hand sanitizer will be provided. Please sanitize your hands before approaching the Brew Crew station.
- Brew Crew is required to wear a mask at all times. You must also wear a mask when interacting with them.
- Trails will be cans-only. Brew Crew will only purchase enough cans for rego’d hashers, so be sure to sign up!
- You must pour your beer into a vessel before leaving the crew station.
- Bottled water will also be provided – stay hydrated!
- Do not reach for a beer! Brew Crew will hand your beer to you by placing it down on a table bench.
- There will be no bag van or snacks provided… YET. Stay tuned as we work on ways to re-introduce these aspects safely.
- Remember that your Crew has volunteered out of the goodness of their heart. They are offering their time, vehicle, and exposure to make you happy. Show them the respect they deserve!
ICYMI: DC has a free COVID-19 exposure tracking app! Visit https://coronavirus.dc.gov/dccan for more information on how to activate the DC CAN system on your mobile device. Help keep your kennel and community safe!
As we navigate hashing during this time, please take a moment to review Everyday is Wednesday’s updated COVID-19 guide here.
For informative, local, and specific information about COVID-19: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/
For information about where to get tested: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/testing
If you test positive for COVID-19, please provide the following information to contact tracers and contact the GMs immediately: Sasha – (202)813-0689