EWH3 #1232: The Death and Taxes…and BEER Trail! – 6:45 PM Thursday, April 15th – Fort Totten (Red and Green Lines)
As DC enters phase 1c of vaccination, we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. However, it is more important now than ever that we are vigilant and maintain best practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19 within our community. Please take a moment to review Everyday is Wednesday’s COVID-19 guide. For information on vaccines in DC, visit https://coronavirus.dc.gov/vaccine.
Have you already spent your tax refund on drinks to drown the weltschmerz of this long and lonely COVID winter? Or have you been unable to even begin them, consumed by the thought that reality is a veil, a fiction built on the back of perceptions packaged by our senses, which are themselves infinitely fallible, that nothing therefore is truly knowable and everything is meaningless?
Then your hares invite you to drown that existential angst in booze and exercise endorphins, for nothing is certain but death and taxes…and beer!
You MUST sign up on HashRego to attend Thursday’s trail. A pack of 47 will gather for trail with a live, socially distant circle.
When: 6:45 PM Thursday, April 15, 2021. Pack away at 7:15 PM!
Where: Fort Totten Metro (Red and Green Lines) – Follow marks to start. NOTE: Start is in Fort Totten Park itself. See here.
D’erections: From the entrance to the metro, turn left. Follow the sidewalk to the pathway that cuts across the grass. Turn left on the path. Turn left on Fort Totten Drive. Turn left into the park at the first grassy open area.
Nearest Capital Bike Share: Fort Totten Metro (1st Pl. NE & Galloway St. NE), or New Hampshire Ave NW & Gallatin St. NW (both are equidistant to start).
Hares: Head Injury and a surprise!
Runners: 2.3 mi. first half / 2.1 second half
– Shiggy level 1.69 – Dog Friendly
Walkers: 1.0 mi. first half / 1.0 second half
– Shiggy level 0.69 – Dog-in-a-Stroller Friendly
Miscellaneous Crap: Trail is A to A. Bring your cranium lamps. It should be a nice night. Be smart and have fun. Sign up on Hash Rego is Required!
- Please help keep the literal wheels of the hash spinning! Email the Brewmeister at firstname.lastname@example.org to earn the noble badge of Brew Crew! Open dates cumming up!
- We need hares, whether you’re a first-time hare or an old (floury) hand that can train them. Email email@example.com!
- EWH3 is looking to add another scribe to their lineup! Think you’ve got what it takes? Email the GMs at EWH3GMs@gmail.com by May 2 for more information!
EWH3 Brew Crew!
Brew Crew will be available to serve you a limited number of libations (and bottled water) at both beer check and end. To ensure that this is done safely, we require the following:
- Sanitize your hands before approaching the Brew Crew station. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- You must also wear a mask when interacting with Brew Crew (Brew Crew is required to wear a mask at all times)
- Trails will be cans-only. (Brew Crew will only purchase enough cans for rego’d hashers, so be sure to rego!)
- Do not reach for a beer! Brew Crew will hand your beer to you by placing it down on a table bench.
- You must pour your beer into a vessel before leaving the crew station.
Remember that your Crew are volunteers, offering their time, vehicle, and exposure to make the hash possible. Show them the love they deserve!
At this phase, the hash is BYOSnacks and store-your-own-bags.
COVID INFO (Help keep your kennel and community safe!)
- Did you know you can pre-register for the COVID-19 vaccine? DC residents can register by visiting vaccinate.dc.gov and clicking on “Get Pre-Registered Now.”
- DC has a free COVID-19 exposure tracking app! Visit the DC CAN page for more information on how to activate the DC CAN system on your mobile device.
- As we navigate hashing during this time, please take a moment to review Everyday is Wednesday’s updated COVID-19 guide here.
- Check DC’s COVID-19 website for informative, local, specific information.
- For information about where to get tested check the DC testing page. If you test positive for COVID-19, please provide the following information to contact tracers and contact the GMs immediately: Sasha – (202) 813-0689