As the CDC and DC Health continue to update and revise guidelines, Mismanagement is working to determine how the hash fits into these recommendations. For this reason, masks are optional for fully vaccinated individuals. As always, vessels are required.
1. Bring a full reusable water bottle to start
2. HashRego before trail!!
The dog days of August are here in DC. And with that comes stifling heat, a side of humidity, and DC’s national bird – Tourists! If you’re not a tourist out of town yourself, you’ll be here dodging them on the metros, in your favorite restaurants, on the mall, etc. It’s an unavoidable fact of DC life in August if you’re stuck here. So if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em!
Come to trail this Thursday wearing your tackiest DC tourism garb and join the pack in making the tourists dodge us as we romp around downtown searching for beer the tourists don’t know about!
When: 6:45 PM Thursday, August 12, 2021. Pack away at 7:15 PM!
Where: U Street/African-Amer Civil War Memorial/Cardozo (Green/Yellow Line) – 10th St Exit
Nearest Capital Bike Share: 10th and U NW (across the street from metro)
Hares: Special Head Kid, What’s a Boner, The Defense Breasts, General Tso’s Dicken
– Runners: 2.5 mile first half / 2.3 second half
– Walkers: 1.1 mile first half / 1.15 second half
Shiggy Level: If you find shiggy, you’re not on trail
Miscellaneous Crap: Trail is A to A’ (.3 mi). Bring your own vessel, a headlamp, and a FULL water bottle (see Heat, stifling). Sign up on Hash Rego is Required! Be smart, have fun.
Last trains out of U Street (Yellow/Green Line):
– Fort Totten 12:23
– Branch Ave 11:45
On After: Sudhouse
Specials: $3 beer and $6 mixed drinks with a wristband (they’ll give us wristbands)
Give Back to the Hash!
- ADOPT A METRO! We need hashers to walk/jog/bike/drive to potential spots for Beverage Checks and On-Ins. Do a good job and your next trail is free! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- BREW CREW! Do you enjoy those beverages on trail? Email the Brewmeister at email@example.com to earn the noble badge of Brew Crew! Open dates cumming up!
- HARES! Ready to get your hands dirty and lay your own shitty trail? The Harerazor can match you with a trail that needs extra hands or can help you plan your own! Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Now allowing trails the ‘DC Diamond’ (aka Arlington County).
- STAY SAFE! Review Everyday is Wednesday’s updated COVID-19 guide here before joining us on trail.