As the CDC and DC Health continue to update and revise guidelines, Mismanagement is working to determine how the hash fits into these recommendations. For this reason, masks are optional for fully vaccinated individuals. Vessels are still required for everyone.
Sadly, PUDJAM recently lost Strange Ground Chuck (nerd name Charles Divine). As many of us knew, SGC spent most of his career working at NASA’s Goddard Center; was an avid member of MENSA, Toastmasters and St. Mark’s Episcopal Church; and had a beautiful, creative mind, as evinced not only by his penguin stories but also his digital astronomical landscapes:
I met Chuck when I started hashing in DC in 2010. We were both weird as Hell (even by nerd standards) and pretty soon we were doing stuff like hanging out at museums, watching “Doctor Who” Christmas specials and even haring a “Futurama”-themed trail through Capitol Hill and the Navy Yard. He was the Professor, and I was Fry, in casting that can only be described as “on brand”:
In that spirit, I’ll be laying a memorial trail in Chuck’s honor by the Smithsonian Museums and the NASA offices, and I’ll even throw in some space-themed shot checks. He would want us to “laugh long and prosper” at this trail, so sci-fi and penguin attire are encouraged!
For those interested, there will be a memorial service for Chuck at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on Capitol Hill (301 A Street SE, Washington, DC) on Saturday, December 4th at 1:00 PM.
When: 6:45 PM Thursday, December 2, 2021. Pack away at 7:15 PM!
Where: Smithsonian Metro Stop – use the National Mall exit (12th Street and Jefferson Drive SW). Beware of traffic from ellipse tree lighting.
Nearest Capital Bike Share: intersection of 12th Street and Jefferson Drive SW
Hares: Ginger Snatch, Special Red, General Tso’s Dicken, Shamrock Your Cock
– Runners: 2.3 mi. first half / 2 mi. second half
– Walkers: 1.1 miles first half / 1 mi. second half
– Shiggy: 1.69
Miscellaneous Crap: Trail is A to B. (0.5 miles from Mount Vernon/7th Street – Convention Center Metro (Green/Yellow Line)). Bring your own vessel, a cranium light, and a full water bottle. Sign up on Hash Rego is Required! Be smart, have fun.
End Metro: Mount Vernon/7th Street Convention Center
Last Trains Out:
-Branch Ave (Green) 11:48 PM
-Huntington (Yellow) 11:51 PM
-Greenbelt (Yellow) 11:52 PM
-Greenbelt (Green) 12:20 AM
On After: Prost (919 5th Street NW, Washington, DC 20001)
Give Back to the Hash!
- BREW CREW! Do you enjoy those beverages on trail? Brews require brew crews! Email email@example.com to keep the hash alive. See the EWH3 calendar for dates.
- HARES! Ready to help hare or make your own trail? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. See the EWH3 calendar for dates.
- ADOPT A METRO! Love to explore? We need hashers to walk/jog/bike/drive to potential Beverage Checks and On-Ins and check them out. Email email@example.com.
- STAY SAFE! Review Everyday is Wednesday’s updated COVID-19 guide here before joining us on trail.
Did you really cum all the way here for this? Sign up to receive trail announcements directly to your inbox by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!